Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!!!!!

Today was Tommy's 54th birthday.  Happy Birthday to the most wonderful husband that a girl could have. This birthday was extra special because it is the first one since I almost lost that wonderful man to pancreatitis.  This is a birthday I wasn't sure, at one point, we would see. I took the day off so we could spend it together.  Unfortunately, we did have the unpleasant business of going to Green Clinic first thing.  Tommy had to have a CAT Scan of his pancreas to monitor some pancreatic cysts that have developed.  I pretended that we got to sleep late even though we got up at our usual early hour. 

I put on a bright yellow shirt for the first time this morning.  When I looked in the mirror, I looked like a giant lemon sitting on top of a pair of blue jeans.  If I had been wearing yellow pants, I would have looked like a summer squash on steroids. Lordy, I hope this diet works.  I notice when I look in the mirror I squint my eyes.  I look thinner if I squint my eyes.  Note to self--keep eyes wide open and see the real picture no matter how painful it is.

Well, back to the day.  We celebrated Tommy's birthday by going to Bass Pro in Shreveport.  Bass pro...where a man feels like a man and a woman is just sort of bored.  I amused myself for about 30 minutes in woman's apparel and home decor, but there are just so many camouflaged dishes and rugs with deer on them that one can look at.  I found Tommy in the fly fishing shop.  He had a great time examining every fly and hook in the place.  How I love that man.  Now here is where the day got interesting.  We decided to go eat lunch.  That's right, Miss "Can Only Eat Meat and Eggs" had to order something from a menu in a restaurant.  The good news is that I somehow managed.  I chomped on a piece of sausage and chicken while Tommy sat across from me enjoying potatoes and onion strings.  Interesting enough, I was delusional all day and felt thin.  Yes, that's right.  In spite of looking like a lemon sitting on top of blue jeans and in spite of being on a diet for a mere three days, in my little fantasy world I felt skinny.  I made sure to avoid all reflective surfaces so that reality would not crash in on me.  Maybe there is something in meat that causes insanity.  OMG-Mad Cow Disease :(

No comments:

Post a Comment