Monday, May 30, 2011

Fairwell to Spring

Today was my second wedding anniversary and it was the warmest day we have had this year.  Tommy and I didn't do anything special.  We were just very thankful to both be here together.  There but by the grace of God, things could have been so different.  I needed to do more outside but the heat convinced me that indoor activities were more important.  I did go spend time in "Shawn's Barn" and as always, found a sense of peace out there.  It was hot, but I love sitting in my barn.  I am making progress with my baby goats, Gus and Myrtle.  Gus will eat out of my hand and though neither wants to admit it, they are beginning to trust me.  Gus is so darn cute.  I could just hug him for hours if he would let me.  Myrtle is cute but in a different way.  She was described to me before I got her as "the bad little goat".  I knew at once I had to have her because that's how my mom always describes me.  Well, she doesn't call me a goat, but I'm the bad daughter.  I'm sandwiched inbetween the smart daughter and the baby daughter.  Maybe it is this middle child syndrome that makes me so fascinated with watching my chickens develope their pecking order.  Hey, who needs therapy.  Just go sit in a barn and somehow you begin to figure things out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment