Monday, May 23, 2011

Seconds Please

This is day two of my blog and day two of my diet.  Yes, my diet, and I write that with a grimace not a smile.  Last week I went to the doctor only to find out that I am getting old and need to lose weight.  This is a fact that somehow I was unaware of even though I looked in the mirror each day and saw that number on the scale creeping higher and higher.  Funny how one can justify those things if they want.  I was convinced I wore the heaviest clothes a person could find and all that grey hair was nothing but how the light shines on my head in my bathroom.  So I find myself on a high protein, low carbohydrate diet--the perfect choice for a girl who doesn't care for meat and is a self proclaimed chocoholic. Day one was scary and day two......well, lets just say I have stuck to the plan.  I am following the Dukan Diet and from all accounts, the first couple of weeks are the worst.  I can have all the lean meat and eggs that I want.  Oh, how I wish I could bite down on something that would crunch.  Yet, despite it all, I have made it through day two.  I did have a close call when I went out to "Shawn's Barn" to feed the goats.  I almost pushed Gus and Myrtle's heads out of the bucket so I could stick my own head into all that yummy, carbohydrate laden, GOAT FEED.  Yum Yum.  Oh, and those chickens had better watch out because eggs are one of the few things that I can eat.  I'm snatching them out from under those girls so fast they are getting confused.  They have these looks on their faces like "I thought I laid an egg, but....maybe not."

Well, anyhoo, it was a day of seconds and a day of "Sorry you can't have any seconds.  You are on a DIET."  Is it any wonder that diet is a four letter word? 

1 comment: