Sunday, May 22, 2011

My First Blog

Okay, so this is my very first blog.  I am not even sure that I will be able to find it again.  I fall into the "old dog learning new tricks" category, so my first blog may be my last.  Anyhow, when I was trying to think about a title that describes me, I could not come up with anything at all.  Then my mind began to wander and I realized that I was daydreaming about being in my barn and playing with my little baby goats.  I guess in my 48 years of living I am the most happy now and much of that happiness is due to me finally finding that place in life where dreams begin to turn into reality.  I have many, many dreams but for most of my life they remained just that--dreams.  Now I am entering that phase of my life when things are different.  My kids are grown.  There are no grandchildren to plan around.  I would not say I am financially stable but there is a roof over my head and food on my table.  I am married to a man who shares my dreams and enjoys hard work.  I am finally able to put energy and effort into things that once I only dreamed about.  I have a photography business that I love.  I have a barn full of chickens and a couple of goats that I love.  I sit on the front porch (that I love) and breathe in the fresh air and reflect on how this "big city girl" ended up here.  I have a simple life but a fulfilling one.  My blog will probably be boring but to me "boring" is a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment