Thursday, June 2, 2011

Anchors A-Weigh

So I have been faithfully following my diet plan for a week and a half.  I have lost a little weight and have now graduated to stage two which means I get to alternate my solid protein days with days that include select veggies.  The funny thing is, I like my solid protein days.  I've gotten used to them.  I am supposed to weigh myself every morning.  This goes against the conventional thinking of only weighing once a week.  I'm not sure that I like this every morning thing, because my scale really isn't budging right now.  Losing weight is very difficult for me.  I haven't been able to get my walks in this week.  This is a big "no no" for the diet.  With my summer hours, I now work until five each day and have to be at work earlier.  I don't get home to after six and by the time I feed the chickens and goats, there isn't time to do much of anything.  I have a list a mile long of things I have to do.  I have picture orders to send in and pictures to work on.  I have to practice my piano because I am sure I'll be called to play in church any Sunday now.  I don't understand these people who sit around with nothing to do once their children grow up.  I know I was busy back then but I am much busier now.  I only get about five hours of sleep a night and that is usually interrupted so I don't think getting up any earlier is the answer. 

The good news is that the diet is "sort of working".  If the scale moves downward, even slowly, that is better than it moving upward.  I have discovered that the Dukan Diet is the You Can Diet, because it is doable.  As long as I don't confuse it with the Dunkin Donut Diet, I should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment